Welcome!

Welcome to my blog!
This blog will be primarily aimed at innovative educational techniques but will however have the occasional post about education in general.

Sunday, December 5, 2010

When you hear the word “technology”….

What does it mean to you? 

Below is an excerpt from the Teacher Magazine  website.  As you can see, technology does not have to be expensive and/or electronic!

Purchase a set of student whiteboards for your class. These boards are fantastic for many purposes. I like to use them when I am first introducing a concept to allow students the opportunity to write the steps or process as I am doing it, then practice on their own in a non-threatening environment. Even the most intimidated math-a-phobe seems less concerned about making mistakes when they are easily erased with a paper towel. I also use these boards when reviewing concepts before a quiz or test. Having students complete individual problems, then hold up their boards with answers circled simultaneously, quickly shows me where the misconceptions and allows me to quickly restructure our next step in the review. (From “Technology and Learning” http://tiny.cc/x5adk)

No comments:

Post a Comment